Thursday, July 10, 2008

One week to go ...

... before the operation.

Not much is going on right now - I'm basically in hurry-up and wait mode.

Tuesday, 15 July 2008, I go in for my pre-op checks (chest x-ray and blood work).

Wednesday, 16 July 2008, I get to flush my system (oh joy!) and pick-up my sister-in-law and brother from the airport.

Thursday, 17 July 2008, I go the hospital for surgery at 5:30 AM in the morning. (What kind of evil sadistic morning person schedules these things?) I'm not sure, but I'm guessing I should be out of surgery sometime around noon.

I'm not sure how long I'll be in the hospital; I'm guessing three days but it could be a week.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

John P. Kilgo said...

Doug,

The colon clean out is a good time, let me tell you...well, I'll let you figure it out for yourself. I had 8 hours in the OR, but you know, once you roll into the room you have no concept of time.

Hit me back at the email address below, have a question or two for you.
jpkilgo@comcast.net
Kilgo