Thursday, April 10, 2008

My new tattoos

Now he's getting a tattoo.
Yeah he's gettin' ink done.
He asked for a '13',

But they drew a '31'.

"Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)"
The Offspring


Last Thursday, 3 April 2008, I went in for my first radiation planning session. While we were getting ready, the technician asked me to sign a release form that said the Cancer Center wasn't responsible for lost or stolen property, blah, blah, blah, and also to granting them permission to give me tattoos.

I thought, "Tattoos?" Very funny. Everybody in this here is a comedian. Nope, she was serious.

Then I thought, "Tattoos!" Yeah! Maybe a dragon or a busty babe with a sword. Or maybe even a "Mexican cutie". This cancer stuff is way cooler than I thought!

Sadly, the nice technician said, "no." These tattoos are about the size of a freckle and are used to line-up the equipment for the radiation treatments. Very boring.

So today, 10 April 2008, I went in for my second and final planning session and yes, I got tattooed:


Not very exciting, is it?

No comments: