Thursday, December 17, 2009

Irrational Numbers

I had my most recent doctor's appointment on Monday, 14 December 2009.

My weight is down to 135 pounds and my CEA went up to 87. This is the wrong direction for both of these numbers; my weight needs to increase and my CEA needs to drop.

However, my oncologist, Dr. G, says that the CEA measurements are not that "telling" during the first month of treatment. He said the CEA from Monday's appointment will be more meaningful.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Update: I just talked to my doctor - my CEA from Monday is 81. Not a great improvement, but at least it didn't go up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Doug: Glad you are maintaining your sense of humor. I hope you and your family have an incredibly wonderful Christmas season. What do you put under the tree for a Cthulu Christmas, anyway? Anyway, I hope all your numbers go in the proper direction and Frank goes on indefinite hiatus. Peace out!

Mark Turner said...

Hi Doug, I was just thinking about you and your family and I hope you all have a great Christmas with Marjorie and Kyle.