Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Nerd-pire Strikes Back

Continuing the damage I've already done, Kyle and I watched Star Wars V - The Empire Strikes Back tonight.

Not too many questions. That is, until Darth Vader told Luke that he was Luke's father. Then there were lots of questions: "was Vader really Luke's father (they don't have the same last name)?", "why was Luke running away from his father?", "how did Luke's mommy die?", etc.

Kyle was really struggling with the whole "Vader is Luke's dad thing", and I can't blame him. Way, way back when I first saw the movie, I had many of the same questions and concerns. (Yes, I'm a Star Wars nerd too.) I guess this just proves what Mother used to say, "the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree."

Especially if it's the "Star Wars nerd tree".

No comments: