Monday, March 16, 2009

Curiouser and curiouser...

I kinda felt like I had dropped down into the rabbit hole this morning, especially when I received a phone call on my cell from Doug at 6.30.

Doug: Hey honey...
Me: Doug....are you okay?
Doug: ...I think they moved me while I was sleeping. I woke up in another room.
Me: .........do you know if you're on the same floor?
Doug: ..............uh, no....I don't think so.
Me: Okay...let me call the hospital and find out what's going on, okay?
Doug: ...........okay, sweetie.

So, it's at this point that I am a little wigged out as well as a little hacked off and ready to rip someone a new one.

I am now putting on my glasses and I am about to bang on Kerry's bedroom door when the house phone rings five minutes later.

Me: Doug! What's up?
Doug: Hey honey....it's okay. I'm in my room. I just realized it was a bad dream and thought they had moved me into a storage room.
Me: .......are you sure?
Doug: Yes. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you.
Me: Do you want me to come up after I drop off Kyle at school or earlier?
Doug: No...after you drop Kyle off at school is fine.
Me: You sure?
Doug: Yes. I will see you later.

As soon as I got back from the school, Kerry and I got our butts up to the hospital to find Doug sitting calmly in his chair.

He started throwing up again last night and they had to put a EG tube down his nose to get rid of the muck in his stomach and ended up giving him a medication that causes some side effects.

I am guessing the weird vivid dream is one of them.

The good news is that he's looking better than he did yesterday, especially now that the green bile was removed and yes, there was enough of it to start a new ecosystem.

The doctor had been in to see him before I arrived and he's still on a nil by mouth diet until his stomach settles down before they try introducing clear liquids again.

So, Doug is fine despite the cruddy night but it's hard to say at this point when they plan to release him from the hospital.

I did suggest to Doug that maybe I shouldn't go over tonight with Kyle but that suggestion got shot down in flames.

If you wish to go visit him, I know that he will appreciate the company...just don't hand him over the cake with the secret file filling just yet.

I will post another update as soon as I hear anything.

- Marjorie

No comments: