Friday, March 20, 2009

Food!

The doctor gave orders for Doug to have real food (well, as real as hospital food gets anyway) and no one was more thrilled by this news than Doug himself.

I showed up at the hospital on Thursday morning to find him staring in awe at the full breakfast tray in front of him.

He wasn't eating a lot of it but it didn't matter to him. He was just thrilled that he had food.

By the time I returned to the hospital with Kyle in the early evening, he had three meals under his belt and so far managed to keep it all down, which is great news.

Doctor M managed to swing by to see Doug before his evening meal and it looks like there is a good chance that he can be released from the hospital in the next day or so.

Doug is looking forward to it. I'm just hoping that it's not a big fiasco like last time.

I will post another update as soon as I hear anything and I'm not dog tired...hehe.

- Marjorie

No comments: