Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Progress!

I am preparing to get ready to head up to the hospital here to see Doug shortly but I thought I would do a post before I leave the house since I have some news.

I called Doug and he announced that he farted. This is good news. It means that his bowels are finally starting to function.

Dr. G, his chemo doctor also paid him a visit this morning and it turns out that they had removed two spots from the liver to be biopsied rather than one spot as I had originally assumed.

One spot was benign and the other contained the same type of cancer cells that were in the tumor from the colon....again good news.

He has a tube back down his throat to alleviate the nausea but it certainly sounds like things are starting to move.

- Marjorie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marjorie. I'm Monica, Doug's old friend from high school. Thank you so much for keeping us updated this way. I signed on tonight wondering if (and hoping that) Doug was feeling well enough to be blogging from a laptop computer at the hospital, but it was almost as good to get your side of things.

I don't know if Doug had the chance to mention this to you, but if at any time you need a break and would like me to help out with Kyle (or anything for that matter), please just ask. I will email my phone number to you. I'm a stay-home mom, so it's hard for me to get to the hospital to see Doug, but I'd love to help, and all you need to do is tell me when. I have a 4.5-year-old at home and a 12-year-old in school, but I'm flexible.

Give Doug my best, please.

Thank you.